• Priscilla Ringrose is a British citizen, and was born in Glasgow in 1963.
• She has an MA in French and Arabic from the University of Glasgow (1986).
• Worked as a translator for the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office and then worked for the University of Robert Gordon, Aberdeen and for the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organizations before returning to academia.
• Priscilla studied for her PhD at Edinburgh University and at NTNU, where she worked as a teaching assistant for 4 years. She obtained her PhD, on the Algerian writer Assia Djebar, from Edinburgh University in 2000.
• In 2003, she obtained a post-doctoral fellowship, and in 2005 a one-year Assistant Professorship at NTNU, as part of the Arts Faculty’s Globalization Programme.